We meet again! If you want to know about the background as to why we're bringing you a review of the upcoming NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 today and not in five days when the model officially launches, then I highly recommend you read our opening page on the GEFORCE GTX 680 along with our news post on why we didn't get a GTX 690.
Here's something you probably didn't know, though. No one really likes dealing with NVIDIA. Speaking to manufacturers, Tier 2 and Tier 3 partners tell us how poorly they're treated by NVIDIA and Tier 1 partners find them extremely overbearing and dislike the pressure that NVIDIA put on them.
Companies actually dislike NVIDIA so much that they're willing to walk down stairs, or maybe upstairs, to their R and D department and sign out a video card to send to us. They ask just one thing from us. Never tell anyone where it came from. That's fine with us and that's the reason we won't be including any pictures. The video card we have has too many manufacturer markings that we couldn't keep its identity a secret, so we just decided not to include any pictures at all.
Before we move onto our test system and cover some of the main specifications in regards to the GTX 670, I just want to take a moment for people to understand there's no relationship between us and NVIDIA. They're too busy to meet or even respond to our emails, I'm too annoyed (annoyed is putting it in the kindest of terms) at them to just sit back and go along with the samples I have. WE ARE NOT UNDER NDA FROM NVIDIA. Again, we'll repeat, NVIDIA would actually have to communicate with us for there to be an NDA.
Instead I put time and effort to bring you the latest happenings on their video cards before launch. For the most part our readers appreciate it, partners don't really care if it doesn't come back to them and NVIDIA won't talk to us so that's kind of irrelevant.
Anyway that kind of covers what we need to say, we'll quickly look at the test system on the next page and cover some of the core specifications. From there we'll just get into the performance side of things and see what the upcoming GTX 670 is capable of before we finally wrap everything up. So with haste, let's move on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Overclockers UK unveils $43,000 gaming PC: 8Pack Orion X2
- NZXT releases Overwatch-themed H500 PC gaming chassis
- NVIDIA reportedly launching GeForce GTX 1650 next month
- No, AMD didn't just drop the price of Radeon RX Vega 56
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure