After a bit of a hiatus due to a 20 day stint in hospital, I'm back and with a vengeance and ready to get back into the samples that have been piling up over the last few weeks.
While we unfortunately missed the HD 7700 series launch, the last thing sitting in my testbed before getting shipped off to the emergency department was a pair of Radeon HD 7950 video cards from Sapphire that we looked at a few weeks ago.
Before I pulled out the cards, though, I wanted to head in to Afterburner, clock both cards a bit and see just what kind of performance we could get out of the CrossFire setup and see how it compares to some of the other setups we've looked at recently. Because we've already looked at the Sapphire card in good detail, we won't be looking at the card and or the package, instead we'll be getting straight into the testbed side of things. At the same time we'll also cover the overclock we managed to achieve via Afterburner.
Once we've done that we'll of course get into the performance side of things to see just what kind of performance boost we're able to get from the overclocked setup. Once that's done we'll wrap everything up, first let's get into the testbed system setup and see just what kind of overclocked we managed to get.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony buys Insomniac Games in major first-party acquisition
- Halo Reach dev's new game Disintegration is a squad-based strategy FPS
- PUBG cross-play coming to PS4, Xbox One
- Gears of War 5 is the 'best Gears game we've ever made'
- Cyberpunk 2077 can be played without a console or PC
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director