The Best of the Rest
There was no way to capture how amazing this 3D technology looked, but I was very impressed. The company can take images or videos and reproduce a real 3D image that lets you see depth AND different angle views. When you move the film the image changes, you can even lean closer to see other angles. The effect is beyond words really, imagine a picture of a car where you can rotate the image and see the front, sides and back of the car as if it were a real model in front of you. I want to get my Ducati done, but just like the sims, the cost is a bit of an issue.
We've all seen Google Maps and were impressed when it came out, but Google Maps is like old UHF video compared to the cutting edge mapping that is being gathered now.
Windows 8 is going to get us one step closer to a true touch interface on the PC. It's good to know that large touch screen monitors are already all over the professional market, just a stone's throw away from the consumer market.
It will be awhile before we are all putting up monitors made from tent material, but we can still dream.
The flight simulator market has been pretty stagnant since the Jane's glory days, but hopefully one day we'll get another true simulator combat sim.
Enthusiasts are already adapting multi-monitors for gaming, but we still need companies to produce large surface area versions with slim bezels.
The one company that was absent from the entire show was Apple. This event was mainly a military conference and liberal MAC users could only be found on the screens, as targets.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony officially teases next-gen PS5 loading times vs PS4 Pro
- Tarantino asks for no Once Upon a Time in Hollywood spoilers
- World of Warcraft Classic 'bugs' that are old mechanics list
- Sakurai's 3-step lifetime plan for Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- SAPPHIRE plans 2 x Radeon Navi cards: $399, $499 for July 7
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G DDR4-3000 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!
- Plugable USB-C Cube Docking Station Review
- ASrock Z170 extreme7+ post issues code error 35 and 19
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- Play as a Raving Dance Cube in Vectronom, a Rhythm-based platformer on May 29 (Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac)
- 10 Curious data of games for Android that every developer should know
- The Fight of Your Life - Zombie Shooter2 - Death Hospital - Official trailer 2
- The world's first medieval unicycle adventure Balancelot out May 23rd in Steam for PC
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. and Double Fine Productions' RAD to Launch August 20