Already so impressed with what the MARS II has to offer, we knew what had to be done. Using GPU Tweak, the overclocking software that replaced ASUS SmartDoctor, it was time to see just what kind of overclocking performance could be had from the new MARS II from ASUS.
I'm expecting good things from the card to be honest. For starters, the cooler is just massive on the card and we already know it does a fantastic job of cooling the two GTX 580 cores present. With the help of that cooler, we're hoping that we'll get some good breathing room on the cores.
The other thing is, compared to a GTX 580 SLI setup, there's no card squashed up against another. Because we're dealing with two cores on the single card, our fan has got heaps of breathing room making sure plenty of cool air can be drawn in.
Finally; it's an ASUS product and if past experience is anything to go by, we should see some strong performance coming out of the card. Because we've already looked at the card in such detail already, we'll just be getting straight into the overclocking side of things. So, on the next page we'll check out the test system setup and the overclock we managed to achieve.
Once that's done, we'll just get straight into the benchmark line up and see what kind of performance increase we're able to get out of the MARS II when the card is overclocked. That just about covers everything, so with haste, let's get into it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and Overclock]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]