The Launch Party
On the 1st of June we flew north to Sydney for the second year running, in order to cover Creative Labs' very latest product launch at the Hilton Hotel. Last year we thought the Zii Sound D5 to be a fantastic wireless solution and were very interested to see how they had built on its strengths over the last twelve months.
The event took place in a slightly different room at the same hotel this time around. The internal layout looked to be much the same, however, with a nice projector screen set up in the background and a few rows of chairs along with the latest products adorning the side walls.
Once some picture opportunities were taken, we all sat down and began the presentation about how exactly the wireless technology showcased to us last year had improved and expanded and where exactly they had plans on taking this new product line to.
The presentation began with a refresher of what was covered last year when the original D5 was first launched; this order to get everyone up to speed on what the whole thing was about. We then got into some new wireless headphone models that also work off the familiar Bluetooth connection method as per the D-series modular speaker solutions.
Next, we came to the name of the game if you will; that being 'wireless modularity' which was explained to us as being the intelligence of the new D-series speakers in their operating environment basically, as opposed to more conventional passive wired speakers with very linear configuration options.
Rather, the more 'intelligent' if you will, grant us that a D-series speaker can sense and adapt to the environment it's operating in. But we know you need more, so basically, if you continue to add additional D-series speakers in a modular fashion building on the first, then the brains inside will recognize each incremental addition and expand the music out, filling all speakers with pure wireless audio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!