The overclocking ability on products is sometimes one of the most important features. More often than not in the computer world you're given the ability to buy a model or two down, and with a BIOS or easy to use application you can take that said product up to and often above the level of the top model.
The 8800GTS 512MB has impressed us; the G92 looks like a great core and thanks to the pricing it's never been so cheap to get into a high performance computer. What we have noticed though is that once our article went live more and more people started mentioning just how important overclocking is.
The 8800GTS 512MB is only a little bit ahead of the 8800GT 512MB, but with its dual slot cooler and extra shaders on tap we thought that where the card may really shine is in the overclocking department.
Since we've looked at both the 8800GT and GTS in quite a fair bit of detail we're not going to get into too much today. We will look over the test system and hop straight into the results.
In next to no time we will have a real idea on what G92 overclocking is like.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode One HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis (DX9)]
- Page 10 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- System Shock reboot on 'hiatus' after raising $1.35 million
- DOOM-like 3D engine made out of MS excel formulas
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit