Packaging and Overview
The Z270GT8's box has a carbon fiber design with the outline of a racecar on it. It's stylish, and the packaging is done well so that the motherboard is well protected inside the box.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, manual, and driver DVD.
The Z270GT8 has five fan headers circled in blue, they all support up to 1A of current. They are all PWM-only headers; they will run 3-pin fans at full speed. Fan control is present in the UEFI and through the Racing GT Windows application. Placement of the fan headers is optimal. The aesthetics of the motherboard are awesome, especially when the RGB LEDs light up. All the RGB lighting is well diffused, and the white sections on the shields and heat sinks all light up solid. You wouldn't even think that individual LEDs were being used because of how well they are diffused. I am a big fan of the way Biostar has executed the aesthetics of this motherboard. The back of the motherboard is bare of components.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, HDMI 2.0 (below DisplayPort), DisplayPort, HDMI 1.4b, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold plated audio ports with S/PDIF optical.
The first, third, and fifth PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4. The second and sixth PCI-E x16 slots operate at x4 and each shares bandwidth with one of the U.2 ports. The fourth PCI-E x16 slot operates at x4, but you lose two SATA ports if you use the slot. The motherboard features two U.2 ports (they share bandwidth with two x16 slots), and six SATA6Gb/s ports that also share bandwidth with different components.
The motherboard features a single M.2 slot that operates at x4 PCI-E 3.0 and has a passive heat sink. The blue USB 3.0 internal header offers Biostar's Lightning Charger technology.
A touch-enabled panel offers power, reset, ECO, and Sports buttons. Two RGB LED headers are located to the left of the POST Code display. The motherboard also has two USB 2.0 internal headers near the Clear CMOS jumper.
You can select between the two BIOS ROMs using the switch located right above them. The M.2 cooling heat sink actually does make a difference.
All the heat sinks and shields except the PCH heat sink use screws to connect to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270GT8 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives