The Z170N-WIFI has and advanced BIOS mode with almost all the fixings that GIGABYTE's larger boards have. For starters, GIGABYTE provides CPU Upgrade, which are built-in overclocking profiles for the CPU (up to 4.6GHz).
GIGABYTE stresses that the Z170N-WIFI isn't built for enthusiast overclocking, but rather allows a little extra if the user wants. I found this to be true, not only because of the VRM but also because of the power connector. GIGABYTE has strong firmware guards in place to ensure the VRM doesn't overheat, and you cannot change them, but GIGABYTE does provide LLC (which works very well).
Fan control is present but is not very extensive. You have the normal options found on other GIGABYTE Z170 series motherboards, and that includes the ability to pick a manual PWM slope or preset profiles. Overall the UEFI was functional, but it was missing a few things. For instance, while VCCIO is present, VCCSA isn't, instead it's just offset from whatever VCCIO is chosen. Over than advanced PWM and setting and VCCSA, most other features are present.
Windows 10 wasn't used in the benchmark or overclocking section of this review, but I had forgotten to get software screenshots, so I tossed the board in another test bench and fired up Windows 10 and installed all the applications. GIGABYTE's entire suite is provided with the Z170N-WIFI. You get USB Block, Ambient LEC, @ BIOS, Home Cloud (client and server), APP CENTER, System Information Viewer, and EasyTune.
I wanted to show what EasyTune and System Information viewer looked like when their options were expanded, and you can see them on the left. On the right, we have the rest of GIGABYTE's suite, including; Fast Boot, Platform Power Management, Smart Backup, and Smart TimeLock.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for $145 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for £105 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170N-WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFICircuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFICircuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99