Maximus VIII Impact in its birthday suit.
The main CPU VRM is on the same PCB as the memory VRM. The VCCSA and VCCIO are on the main board and not on the daughterboard. The CPU VRM is a true 8-phase VRM, and the DRAM is a 2-phase VRM. ASUS is using the same micro-fine allow inductors that are designed to maintain a more stable magnetic field due to smaller and more uniform granule size. The PWMs that control the CPU and DRAM VRMs are located on the back of the board.
ASUS is using their re-branded IR35201, labeled ASP14051, for the 8-phase CPU VRM. I am unsure as to what the DRAM PWM is, but I know it is a two-phase PWM and might have integrated drivers. ASUS is using IR3553 40A integrated power stages for the main CPU VRM, and these are top-notch parts with integrated MOSFETs and drivers. The memory VRM uses two CSD87588N NexFETs from TI, which can provide 25A each.
For the VCCIO and VCCSA ASUS uses a single phase VRM controlled by an APW8723A and two PowerPAK MOSFETs, and a Texas Instruments TPS51362 10A converter.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Impact Mini-ITX (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Impact Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony teases new PlayStation console?
- Final Fantasy XV comes to PC in 2018, NVIDIA optimized
- Pre-ordered Note8 to come with a free 360 camera
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect