Maximus VIII Impact in its birthday suit.
The main CPU VRM is on the same PCB as the memory VRM. The VCCSA and VCCIO are on the main board and not on the daughterboard. The CPU VRM is a true 8-phase VRM, and the DRAM is a 2-phase VRM. ASUS is using the same micro-fine allow inductors that are designed to maintain a more stable magnetic field due to smaller and more uniform granule size. The PWMs that control the CPU and DRAM VRMs are located on the back of the board.
ASUS is using their re-branded IR35201, labeled ASP14051, for the 8-phase CPU VRM. I am unsure as to what the DRAM PWM is, but I know it is a two-phase PWM and might have integrated drivers. ASUS is using IR3553 40A integrated power stages for the main CPU VRM, and these are top-notch parts with integrated MOSFETs and drivers. The memory VRM uses two CSD87588N NexFETs from TI, which can provide 25A each.
For the VCCIO and VCCSA ASUS uses a single phase VRM controlled by an APW8723A and two PowerPAK MOSFETs, and a Texas Instruments TPS51362 10A converter.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Impact Mini-ITX (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Impact Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- Nintendo Switch switches to full 1080p while docked
- Lexus covered its car in 41,999 programmable LED lights
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs