Maximus VIII Impact in its birthday suit.
The main CPU VRM is on the same PCB as the memory VRM. The VCCSA and VCCIO are on the main board and not on the daughterboard. The CPU VRM is a true 8-phase VRM, and the DRAM is a 2-phase VRM. ASUS is using the same micro-fine allow inductors that are designed to maintain a more stable magnetic field due to smaller and more uniform granule size. The PWMs that control the CPU and DRAM VRMs are located on the back of the board.
ASUS is using their re-branded IR35201, labeled ASP14051, for the 8-phase CPU VRM. I am unsure as to what the DRAM PWM is, but I know it is a two-phase PWM and might have integrated drivers. ASUS is using IR3553 40A integrated power stages for the main CPU VRM, and these are top-notch parts with integrated MOSFETs and drivers. The memory VRM uses two CSD87588N NexFETs from TI, which can provide 25A each.
For the VCCIO and VCCSA ASUS uses a single phase VRM controlled by an APW8723A and two PowerPAK MOSFETs, and a Texas Instruments TPS51362 10A converter.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Impact Mini-ITX (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Impact Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller