Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At the time of writing, the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87 is going to set you back a little over the $170 mark, which is probably cheaper than you'd think. Considering the Z87-UD5TH comes in at around the mid $200 mark, and the Z87-OC Force can be seen for over $400, the G1.Sniper Z87 price is really quite impressive.
What I really love about the G1.Sniper Z87 is it's really designed and built with purpose. It's aimed for a certain market, in this case gamers, and it makes sure it caters to them without adding unnecessary extras that are just going to add to the price. We don't have a ton of extra USB 3.0 ports, support for four Video Cards, extra SATA ports, and other frivols extras that gamers don't need or want. We don't have a bundle full of unnecessary items either, which also helps keep price down. The smaller box also means that more can fit in a carton, which also brings the average cost down.
The G1.Sniper Z87 brings the features that are important. Excellent quality audio via the Sound Core 3D chip, fantastic networking via the Killer E2200 chip, and enough expansion slots that will support everything your typical gamer will throw at it. In the end, you have a product that is designed for its target audience, and because it lacks all the extras you don't need, it comes in at an extremely attractive price point.
If you're a gamer and you want a board that comes in at a really strong price point, while offering great audio and networking, two features that are clearly important, then the G1.Sniper Z87 really is a fantastic option. Outside of that though, the overclocking side of things is just as strong as most other boards on the market.
On the other hand, if you're looking for something that supports more video cards, hard drives, Thunderbolt, or other similar features, then it's not the best option. In this case we would recommend other GIGABYTE options that we've looked at recently instead.
With a clear target at the gamer, the G1.Sniper Z87 is the perfect product for someone who doesn't want to spend a fortune, and wants a motherboard that focuses on the features that they want. At this price point, the G1.Sniper Z87 is extremely feature rich, and offers fantastic performance. This is a great option for the right user.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87 retails for $174.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance