Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At the time of writing the EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB SuperClocked can be had for $169.99 after a $10 rebate. This puts it in the middle of the pack when compared to other GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB offerings. The difference between what we're seeing from EVGA, though, and all the other cards, is the fact that this one carries with it the highest out of the box overclock.
We also know after testing the Palit GTX 650 Ti Boost that the small overclock really does very little for added performance. While we do at times see it sneak out ahead of the reference model from NVIDIA, the increase isn't enough for it to really be noticed in real-world gameplay. On the other hand, the push to 1072MHz offered by EVGA, which is then pushed to 1137MHz via the boost feature, really helps it jump out in front of the pack.
Not only do you see the gains easier, you also see at times the performance increase is enough to move us from unplayable to playable, or just give us a bit more breathing room in that 60 FPS region, hence making everything run smoother.
We can't really comment too much on the bundle except for the fact that over at Newegg you get yourself a $75 value in-game coupon for World of Tanks, PlanetSide 2 and Hawken. The value of this for most, though, isn't quite as appealing as the BioShock Infiniti inclusion that comes with AMD's Radeon HD 7790.
If you're not interested in overclocking yourself, the EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB SuperClocked indeed stands out as it gives you performance that's clearly faster than the competition. What's also appealing is the fact that there's no massive price premium or anything like that associated with the model.
The fastest out of the box GTX 650 Ti Boost clearly comes from EVGA in its SuperClocked model, and at the moment, it's the best one to buy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes