Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At the time of writing the EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB SuperClocked can be had for $169.99 after a $10 rebate. This puts it in the middle of the pack when compared to other GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB offerings. The difference between what we're seeing from EVGA, though, and all the other cards, is the fact that this one carries with it the highest out of the box overclock.
We also know after testing the Palit GTX 650 Ti Boost that the small overclock really does very little for added performance. While we do at times see it sneak out ahead of the reference model from NVIDIA, the increase isn't enough for it to really be noticed in real-world gameplay. On the other hand, the push to 1072MHz offered by EVGA, which is then pushed to 1137MHz via the boost feature, really helps it jump out in front of the pack.
Not only do you see the gains easier, you also see at times the performance increase is enough to move us from unplayable to playable, or just give us a bit more breathing room in that 60 FPS region, hence making everything run smoother.
We can't really comment too much on the bundle except for the fact that over at Newegg you get yourself a $75 value in-game coupon for World of Tanks, PlanetSide 2 and Hawken. The value of this for most, though, isn't quite as appealing as the BioShock Infiniti inclusion that comes with AMD's Radeon HD 7790.
If you're not interested in overclocking yourself, the EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB SuperClocked indeed stands out as it gives you performance that's clearly faster than the competition. What's also appealing is the fact that there's no massive price premium or anything like that associated with the model.
The fastest out of the box GTX 650 Ti Boost clearly comes from EVGA in its SuperClocked model, and at the moment, it's the best one to buy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning