The other day we got the chance to look at our first retail GTX 650 Ti Boost in the form of a video card from Palit. We found ourselves impressed with what the company had done with the cooler, but when it came to the out of the box overclock, the small jump in clock speeds did very little for extra performance.
With Palit and Gainward offerings always sharing some similarities with Palit being the parent company to Gainward, we thought what better way to test the GTX 650 Ti Boost Golden Sample then to test it in SLI. With the card sharing the same clock speeds as the Palit version and a very similar cooler design, it was the perfect pair. We'll get into all of this in just a moment when we take a closer look at the card and clock speeds.
Due to the fact that the minor bump in clock speeds brought with it very little change in performance when compared to the reference model, and for the fact that we've already looked at the reference GTX 650 Ti Boost in SLI, now was the perfect time to test SLI overclocked.
Before we look at the performance of the GTX 650 Ti Boost in SLI when overclocked we've got to do a few things. The first is of course to look at the package that Gainward has put together. Once we've done that we'll take a closer look at the card itself before looking at the out of the box specifications and the clock speeds we managed to achieve today when overclocking.
Once we've looked over the card we'll take a quick look at our testbed, talk about the cards that you'll see in our graphs today, and then get stuck straight into the performance. First, though, we've got to take a quick look at the package Gainward is offering.
You can see this is of course a Golden Sample model and we have a small sticker that mentions it's a Dual Fan type. You can see the model and some of the main highlights including the 2GB of GDDR5. Turning the box over we get a bit more detail on DirectX 11, Full HD gaming and the system requirements.
When it comes to the bundle we've got a Quick Install Guide along with the driver CD. Connectors come in the form of a DVI to VGA connector and a dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry 5 trailer - V's demons & Dante's murderer?
- RDR2 is 1st in UK sales chart, Smash Ultimate drops to 4th
- Kingdom Hearts III - 'Final Battle' official trailer release
- Smash Bros. Ultimate bug: Isabelle's Infinite Assist trophy
- Villager & Isabelle bug crashes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Convert EML file to PST file
- What is Vidatone Keto?
- GROOVE X Introduce a New Companion Robot, 'LOVOT'
- New PhishER Product from KnowBe4 Helps Contain Email Threats
- Scientific Games Announces Settlement in Shuffle Tech Litigation
- Joy to the Streamers! 1,000 Dreams Fund Announces 'Stream The Halls' 24-Hour Holiday Charity Fundraiser on Twitch
- Gaming Innovation Group Inc.: Key Dates Announcement for Reverse Share Split