Our video card content category lately has been truly dominated with some extremely high-end setups ranging from $1,000 - $2,000. Today we take everything back to what a lot of people consider normal, and move over to the mid $100 price bracket, where the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost GPU sits.
We've looked at a number of AMD Radeon HD 7790 and GTX 650 Ti Boost models since we saw them lunch last month. On the AMD side we've looked at versions from Sapphire, GIGABYTE and ASUS - all of which have done a good job of impressing us with strong out of the box performance.
As for the NVIDIA side we've looked at a reference version card running at stock clock speeds, overclocked and in SLI mode. Along with the reference card looked at in a number of ways, we've also checked out retail options from Palit, Gainward and MSI.
Today, though, it's all about the EVGA version that falls under the SuperClocked name. A name that we've seen a bit lately thanks to the arrival of the EVGA GTX TITAN SuperClocked 6GB that we completely fell in love with. While we'd normally move from here into the box and bundle, like the GTX TITAN we looked at recently, we've unfortunately got just the video card on hand today.
So from here we'll move straight onto the card before looking at the specifications to see what kind of overclock the "SuperClocked" title brings with it. We'll then take a quick look at our test system, talk about the setups that you'll see in our graphs today, and then get stuck straight into the performance numbers.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:31 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]