While GIGABYTE is a name we hear a lot about at TweakTown when it comes to the motherboards, it's been over a year since we've looked at a video card from the company. Today, though, we've got a chance to look at the new Radeon HD 7790 that AMD has just released from GIGABYTE to see just what they've been up to since we last crossed paths.
At launch we looked at the Sapphire HD 7790 1GB Dual-X and found ourselves impressed with what AMD was offering with the new GPU and what Sapphire had done with it. Since that was an OC model and today the GIGABYTE video card we're looking at also is an OC model, we've decided to look at the overclocking side of things.
It will be interesting to see what goes on with performance when it comes to overclocking, but as always there are a few things that we need to do before we've got a chance to do that. The first thing we'll take a look at is the box and the bundle that GIGABYTE is offering. From there we'll move onto the video card itself to see what kind of cooler setup is on offer.
From the card we'll get into the specification side of things where we'll cover the out of the box clock speeds along with the overclock speeds that we managed to achieve. Finally we'll take a look at our testbed, cover the cards that you'll see in our graphs today and finally see what's going on with performance with the overclocked GIGABYTE HD 7790.
While it's been a while since we've seen a GIGABYTE video card, not much has changed on the package side of things. You can see we've got the model on the front along with some of the main features which include the core overclock, the fan they're using and the amount of memory.
Turning over to the back of the box you can see we've got a run down on the fan which is one of the main features. You can also see mention that we're on a 28nm core, have PCIe 3.0 support along with some of the main features in a number of languages.
As we move inside the box we've got a fairly standard mid-range bundle from GIGABYTE here. Along with the Quick Guide and driver CD, you can also see we've got a dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director