iBUYPOWER builds highly customizable gaming notebooks and then slaps a reasonable price tag upon them. They offer a wide variety of models, ranging in size from 11-inches to 17-inches. Once a strictly boutique laptop manufacturer, they have become more mainstream as of late. As you'll see in today's review, the CZ-17 is a testament to why this is the case.
We'll be looking at iBUYPOWER's Valkyrie CZ-17 today. The Valkyrie CZ-17 is one of iBUYPOWER's newest offerings and is a rebranded MSI notebook design. As iBUYPOWER grows, they will start to design their own chassis, but until then, they will likely continue to use ODM products such as this rebranded MSI.
The system is a beast for the asking price. Starting at a mere $1259, the base model comes with a 17-inch, 1920 x 1080 screen, an Intel Ivy Bridge quad-core, an NVIDIA GTX 675M 2GB and 8GB of DDR3 memory. Not shabby specs, especially considering the price.
While we were mostly impressed with the review sample, there are certainly a few things that could be fixed, mostly with the configuration. Since the problems are solvable by adjusting the configuration, they really aren't that big of a deal.
With that in mind, let's take a look at the specifications and configuration options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand