Over the past few months we've seen memory companies offer us some fairly large kits. We saw Kingston offer us a massive 24GB kit not too long ago and more recently recently looked at a 12GB kit from SuperTalent as well as an 8GB kit from ADATA. Today G.Skill will be joining the ranks of big kits with a new Ripjaws series offering.
The Ripjaws kit isn't anything new to us; we've seen the series before from G.Skill and we've been impressed by it, too. Larger models tend to come at the cost of more relaxed timings, though, and today we'll figure out if that's a trade-off we're happy to accept.
Before we get stuck into the performance of the kit, let's check out the package first and the actual modules themselves. Once that's done we'll get stuck into the good stuff.
The package that G.Skill has put together is fairly standard with nothing out of the ordinary. We can see the modules on the front, while if we turn over we've a little bit of a run down on G.Skill as a company. In the bottom right corner we've got a sticker that gives us the main information regarding the kit.
The kit itself isn't anything new as we've looked at the Ripjaws series in the past. The heatsink design is a little different, but nothing too wild. Both sides of the stick are near identical with both showing the G.Skill logo. And while both also have the Ripjaws tag, on one side we have a sticker that covers most of it again, giving us a rundown of all the important information.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog