Over the past few months we've seen memory companies offer us some fairly large kits. We saw Kingston offer us a massive 24GB kit not too long ago and more recently recently looked at a 12GB kit from SuperTalent as well as an 8GB kit from ADATA. Today G.Skill will be joining the ranks of big kits with a new Ripjaws series offering.
The Ripjaws kit isn't anything new to us; we've seen the series before from G.Skill and we've been impressed by it, too. Larger models tend to come at the cost of more relaxed timings, though, and today we'll figure out if that's a trade-off we're happy to accept.
Before we get stuck into the performance of the kit, let's check out the package first and the actual modules themselves. Once that's done we'll get stuck into the good stuff.
The package that G.Skill has put together is fairly standard with nothing out of the ordinary. We can see the modules on the front, while if we turn over we've a little bit of a run down on G.Skill as a company. In the bottom right corner we've got a sticker that gives us the main information regarding the kit.
The kit itself isn't anything new as we've looked at the Ripjaws series in the past. The heatsink design is a little different, but nothing too wild. Both sides of the stick are near identical with both showing the G.Skill logo. And while both also have the Ripjaws tag, on one side we have a sticker that covers most of it again, giving us a rundown of all the important information.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series