When it comes to having a look at pure CPU performance, it seems that Windows 7 isn't quite as efficient as Windows Vista. As for memory, though, there isn't a whole lot of difference. On the down side you're not going to be breaking any wPrime records under Windows 7 for the moment.
On the other hand, while the CPU scores are lower, when it comes to graphics card performance we can tell from our previous articles that Windows 7 does a good job of keeping up with the older and more mature operating system; it coming out in front at times and sometimes falling slightly back.
What we're seeing today doesn't turn us off Windows 7 one bit. Once a bit of time has gone past there's no doubt we'll see CPU performance come up to or overtake that of Windows Vista. This should also result in slightly better graphics card numbers and anything else that benefits from more CPU power.
There's no reason to not be excited about Windows 7; it's the upgrade that Vista probably should have been. With that said, though, if Vista hadn't existed, then it's possible that W7 wouldn't be as good as it is now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4