- Super-fast RTX 2070 SUPER: MSI has one of the fastest GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER graphics cards on the market with its RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO. It might be by just a few frames per second, but it counts -- being the best is hard.
- SLI / NVLink support: If one isn't fast enough for you, then you can always add another thanks to SLI / NVLink support on the RTX 2070 SUPER. If the games you play support SLI (and have good multi-GPU scaling) then you can potentially have a much faster GPU setup than a single GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.
- GDDR6 on steroids: Seriously, 15.5Gbps frequency on GDDR6 is ridiculous and it still has room to move with overclocking. The regular RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO has 14Gbps GDDR6 (but can be overclocked). GAMING Z TRIO gives you this out of the box, with more OC wiggle room on top.
- Runs cool: One of the coolest-operating GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER graphics cards I've tested. Whisper quiet even during late-night sessions of Half-Life: Alyx, DOOM Eternal, and Apex Legends.
- Great gaming performance: I used the MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO in some of the latest and greatest games like Half-Life: Alyx and DOOM Eternal with zero issues. This is the ideal graphics cards to ensure 120FPS at both 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and 2560 x 1440 (1440p) -- as well as being perfect for 3440 x 1440 if you want some 21:9 ultrawide goodness.
- Anti-sag brace included: MSI isn't messing around with the GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO, so it provides an anti-sag brace in the box. It's a heavy card weighing in at 1522g, compared to other RTX 2070 SUPER cards in MSI's family with the VENTUS OC weighing 856g and the VENTUS at 764g.
- RTX ray tracing / DLSS tech: NVIDIA provides a big (and very early) taste of ray tracing in games thanks to its RTX technologies, with Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) also a huge performance gain in games that support it. RTX and DLSS are win-win when you buy the RTX 2070 SUPER as it all comes included in the Turing package.
- Power limitation: Let's be honest -- there is a ceiling with performance here, and MSI lets you ride the lightning right up to the edge, but NVIDIA reminds you
- OC ceiling (stop it, NVIDIA): NVIDIA limits its cards in a big way, which sucks -- it means that the better-cooled custom vairants like the MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO have a ceiling set by NVIDIA in many ways. I'd love to see what cards like this could do if they were unrestrained and could push up to 300W TDP.
MSI has one of the best custom GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER graphics cards on the market with the RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO, a nice step up and above the RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X and GAMING X TRIO graphics cards. The higher-clocked GDDR6 at 15.5Gbps out of the box is nice, and so is the OC wiggle room.
If you are in the market for something that will crush 1080p and 1440p gaming then the MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO will do that just fine, with the same rules applying for anything with RTX ray tracing enabled.
Silence when gaming is also golden, and that's something MSI does with its higher-end TWIN FROZR 7 cooling technology on the RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO. Right up until you're in a game the card is silent, and even during gaming sessions the card is virtually silent. Tweaking some of the fan curves can get near silence 24/7 from the MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO.
The card also looks great, so it'll fit into your gaming PC and look like an utter beast with its triple-fan cooler and RGB lighting.
MSI crafts another crown jewel in its growing list of kick ass custom GeForce RTX graphics card family with the RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING Z TRIO.
The Bottom Line
One of the best GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER graphics cards on the market. It has ridiculously fast GDDR6 memory (15.5Gbps), stylish looks, and a bad ass triple-fan cooler. You won't regret this purchase, at all.