1080p Performance Thoughts
The new SUPER graphics cards from NVIDIA offer some great improvements over their non-SUPER predecessors, with the RTX 2070 SUPER rolling through with its own improvements on the RTX 2070 at 1080p. We are looking at Shadow of War on the RTX 2070 SUPER pushing out 147FPS average compared to the stock RTX 2070 with 135FPS, an increase of 8.8% and 17FPS (or 13%) over the RTX 2060 SUPER.
The new RTX 2070 SUPER also beats out the TITAN Xp and its 138FPS, a card that used to sell for $1199. Our new graphics card crushing test in Metro Exodus sees the souped-up RTX 2070 SUPER scoring 76FPS at 1080p compared to the 68FPS on the RTX 2070 and 65FPS on the RTX 2060.
1440p Performance Thoughts
Ramping up to 2560x1440 we see the RTX 2070 SUPER pulling away from the RTX 2070 and RTX 2060, but the new RTX 2060 SUPER stays closer to the two higher-end cards than it does the RTX 2060. The new RTX 2070 SUPER scores 108FPS at 1080p in Shadow of War comapred to 99FPS on the regular RTX 2060 and 93FPS on the RTX 2060 SUPER, while the lower-end RTX 2060 begins losing with just 72FPS. The new RTX 2070 SUPER beats the TITAN Xp with 100FPS versus 108FPS in Shadow of War at 1440p.
Metro Exodus sees the RTX 2070 SUPER scoring 58FPS versus the 51FPS on the regular RTX 2070, while the RTX 2070 pushes out 50FPS and stays close to the RTX 2070 SUPER, the regular RTX 2060 drops right off the map with 44FPS average at 1440p.
4K Performance Thoughts
I didn't talk about 4K performance in my review of the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Founders Edition, but I will with the RTX 2070 SUPER. Starting with Shadow of War at 4K we have the RTX 2070 SUPER performing well with 73FPS average, up from the 66FPS on the RTX 2070 and the 60FPS on the RTX 2060 SUPER. The TITAN Xp drops behind to 66FPS, matching the performance of the RTX 2060 SUPER - with the RTX 2070 SUPER pulling away by 7FPS.
Metro Exodus destroys all graphics cards at 1080p and 1440p but 4K is a totally different beast, destroying the RTX 2070 SUPER down to 36FPS. The RTX 2070 has 33FPS, while the RTX 2060 SUPER spits out 31FPS. Shadow of the Tomb Raider hits the magic 60FPS mark at 4K Ultra, more playable than the 52FPS on the RTX 2070 and near equal to the 61FPS on the TITAN Xp.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Full Xbox One backward compatibility list of games
- Mortal Kombat Movie is R-rated, will have BRUTAL fatalities
- Netflix slices out brutal suicide scene from 13 Reasons Why
- Twitch Streamers boycott themselves on Amazon's Prime Day
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts