Today we are reviewing our first notebook with the new RTX mobile graphics processors we first saw during CES. Much like the GTX 1000 series mobile GPUs, these mobile RTX GPUs are much like their desktop counterparts, but optimized for mobile.
The new notebook also uses Microsoft Azure AI to determine what you are doing and optimize power flow and performance of the CPU or GPU for each program you are using. The new Aero 15 series is the world first with Microsoft Azure AI.
The notebook also utilizes something called "All Intel", where the 2TB 760p, Intel CPU, Thunderbolt 3, and WIFI all originate from Intel (Killer's 1550 is an Intel part re-branded with gaming technology). Let's have a look.
Our model uses the 15.6" AUO UHD panel with Pantone Certification, although you can get this notebook with a 15.6" 144Hz FHS IPS panel as well. We have the best of the best on this notebook with a Core i9-8950HK, which is unlocked, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080, 2TB 760p, and Killer 1550 (up to 1.733Gbps Wireless AC). The notebook also has a Killer LAN port and supports Killer's Doubleshot Pro. It comes with a 94.24Wh battery and the adapter can pump 230W. The notebook weighs 4.4lbs and measures in around 14"x9.8"x0.7" (LxWxH).
The Aero 15 Y9 in our configuration chimes in at $3,999
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]