Page 8[Overclocking and Power Consumption]
We measure at the 8-pin power connector, and we see some pretty high power consumption as we did with the 2700X and PBOD. It could be motherboard vendors didn't securely power lock the CPU, but we do see that default power limits are set at 95W for PL1 and 118W at PL2, which is in line with a 15% decrease in converter power efficiency costs. The CPU will pull roughly 20-25W more than 95W if you use an AVX load at 100% on all cores at stock, and while that isn't too much, it is 25% more than what you might expect.
A nice overclock I found was with 1.33v set with LLC Turbo level, 5.2GHz, XMP enabled, and I didn't mess with TJMax offset, although Intel has added that into the base UEFI code so you can increase it as the CPU can get pretty hot over 5GHz. I think Intel has added the ability to increase TJMax to 115C from 100C because they changed from paste to solder, which is a much quicker and better way to move heat from the die to the cooler. However, 100C is listed as junction temperature, so I decided to stay on the safe side of things with my CPU and not try and mess with throttle points. The CPU overclocks just as easy as Sandy Bridge and to the same frequencies.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure