Intel's 8-core 16 thread CPU that would go into their consumer 300-series chipset was just a rumor over a year ago. Today we are here to not only say that the good rumors about the CPU are true, but that it basically redefines Intel's consumer desktop product line.
After having run through all the benchmarks we can tell you that this CPU is not only a beast, it's an anomaly in a good way. It seems that changing the TIM and optimizing process not only helped Intel increase core count 33% over its 6-core offerings, but it also allowed Intel to increase turbo tables, supposedly in the same TDP. Let's take a look.
The i9-9900K has 8-core and 16-threads with a maximum Turbo of 5GHz with a base frequency of 3.6GHz. The CPU has a 95W TDP and 16MB of SmartCache and has the same platform features as the 8th generation of Core processors, such as 16 PCI-E 3.0 lanes for PCI-E slots.
Intel specifies a 130W cooling solution and a junction temperature of 100C, but Intel also added in a feature into the UEFI to allow for movement of TJmax by 15C to 115C. We also found a few turbo tables not confirmed by Intel, as Intel has refused to provide turbo tables. The tables say that all core turbo is 4.7GHz (very high), four core turbo at 4.8GHz, and two core turbo up to 5GHz. The CPU also uses solder between the CPU heat spread and the CPU die.
The Core i9-9900K is priced at $499.99
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Battlerite Royale hits free-to-play on Steam, now available
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure