Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler
At the top of the tower, we can see the frame of the 140mm fan, and the void in the middle of the cooler for it to build pressure as it blows into the towers. Each stack is at nearly forty-five degrees, each stack has 35 fins, and are both are topped with a cover which squares off the side profile.
From the side, we can also see the fan exposed at the top of the cooler, but this time we spot the Scythe logo, and the slots cut into the covers. Since the fins are angled, it gives an illusion that the fins are very close, and reflects whatever is under the cooler in the edges of these fins.
At this point, we notice that the view from the top and the bottom are the same. Now, we move a bit lower in the cooler and discuss the gently angled heat pipes, and the two-part base design.
Either side view is also identical, so we again move to the bottom half of the GKC3. We can see that the pipes are offset, as they have to cross in the middle of the cooler before they run through the fins. From the side, we can see that the copper plate is solid and is the connecting point to the CPU, while the aluminum top half is milled to allow the pipes to travel through it.
In a standard chassis layout, this is the view you will see the most. From the covers on either side to the matching anodized fan mounting panels, to the black fan frame, to the fans down to the grey blades, even down to the Scythe logo on the sticker, there is not one thing that is unattractive. From this angle, we can also see the sawtooth pattern of all of the fins leading edges in the stack.
The two-part base is much clearer to see from this angle. On the side of the base, we see signs of solder on the heat pipes, both to the lower copper plate, as well as in the grooves of the aluminum section. The top of the cooler is finned to add some cooling capabilities, but is plowed down the middle to accept mounting hardware.
At first glance, the base appears to be shiny, but on closer examination, just the faintest of grooves are still there from the machining process. The base is also convex, which will help when it comes to mounting pressure.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit