Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
Using matte black as the background, we find the large image of the Alloy FPS pro to be shiny, which helps it to pop against the background. Other things we see are the name of the product, a mention of the ultra-minimalistic TKL design, that this is the US layout design, and that it is built with Cherry MX Red switches.
One of the longer sides of the packaging delivers the name and type of product it is, but HyperX also wants to show where you can see their products being used by the professionals. There are six eSports team logos found here, all of which are sponsored in some way by HyperX.
Both of the smaller ends of the box are identical. Using bright red for the panels, they deliver the HyperX name at the left, and the Alloy FPS Pro product name in white letters.
The second longer panel is where we find the package contents and system requirements, some legal jargon, and the product sticker. The sticker is also where we learned the model number of the Alloy FPS pro, which is HX-KB4RD1, and the US/R2 bit will change depending on the region it is sold in.
On the back of the box, we find the name of the keyboard and the switches it contains at the top, which is followed by four high gloss images. These are to show the solid steel frame, the detachable cable, the backlit keys, and the Game Mode button, 100% anti-ghosting, and NKRO functionalities. The text descriptions of each image are then repeated nine times in various languages.
Inside of the box, we find the Alloy FPS Pro wrapped in plastic, which keeps dirt and debris out of it, as well as protecting it from vibrations while in route to your house. Doubled layers of cardboard help to protect it against any drops or being crushed, while at the back you will find the detachable cable store separately as not to harm the finishes either. In this instance, our sample showed up in immaculate condition, ready for photos and use.
The cable which connects the Alloy FPS Pro to the PC has a standard USB 2.0 connection on one end, and a Micro-USB connection for the keyboard, on the other end of this 1.8-meter cable. We also like the black cloth with red accents for the sleeve applied outside of the cable.
Under the keyboard, in the box, we find some literature. There is the quick start guide which points out seven features found in the design and continues with basic instructions of connectivity. Since there is no software to install, once the Alloy FPS Pro is connected, you are good to go, using it as you wish. HyperX also sends an insert congratulating you on your purchase, what is behind the design, and ends by saying "happy gaming."
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ