Update: We made two errors. The first is that the adapter is rated for 330W (not 300W), and the second is that the notebook does not feature G-SYNC technology.
At COMPUTEX 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan, we took a hands-on look at GIGABYTE's AORUS X9 gaming laptop. It's unique because it not only has an overclockable 7th generation processor, support for multiple M.2 drives, a brilliant Pantone certified 17.3" display, but it also comes with two GTX 1070 8GB cards in SLI.
Yes, SLI on a gaming laptop, and on a gaming laptop that is quite thin (0.9-1.2 inches). At 30mm tall, it's one of the thinnest gaming notebooks with an overclockable CPU and two GTX 1070 8GB under the hood. Of course, the notebook also comes with a lot of other extras, such as a mechanical keyboard with RGB LEDs, custom designed trim, and flare, as well as a redesigned cooling system.
Let's take a look at this beast.
The X9 offers an i7-7820HK overclockable mobile processor, two NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB GPU in SLI (should be 30% better than one 1080), 32GB of DDR4 running at 2400MHz, two 512GB Samsung NVMe SSDs, a 17.3" 4K IPS anti-glare display with X-Rite Pantone certification and G-SYNC, ThunderBolt 3, ESS Sabre Hi-Fi DAC, 2 speakers and 2 subwoofers, mechanical RGB keyboard, and versatile RGB lighting aground the notebook.
The notebook features a 94.24Wh battery and weights 7.9lbs/3.59Kg. It also has dimensions of 428(W) x 314(D)x23.5-29.9(H) in millimeters. That's 0.9-1.2 inches thick.
The X9 starts at $3649 for the version with a single 512GB NVMe SSD, and there is one version that is $3799, and it has two 512GB NVMe SSDs, and it's exclusively on Newegg. We have the model with two SSDs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Noise]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit