The CPUs look identical to their predecessor, and they both fit in each other's motherboards. There will probably be some confusion with users buying 100 and 200 series LGA1151 motherboards and tossing in an 8th Generation core processor, so hopefully, retailers will step up and raise awareness. We are told that there is TIM under the CPU's integrated heat spreader, which means that many people will decide to delid their CPUs to gain a few hundred extraMHz when overclocking.
The bottoms of the CPUs are also very similar, and there doesn't seem to be any extra pads on the 8th generation CPUs compared to the 7th generation CPUs.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K and i5-8400
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
- Cooler: Corsair H115i AIO Water Cooler
- Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x 8GB)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - Boot Drive: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair RM1000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
- Monitor: ASUS PA328 ProArt 32" 4K - Buy from Amazon
- Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX - Buy from Amazon
- Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Headset: Corsair VOID RGB Wireless - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
When we run out of the box, that literally means out of the box, as the majority of consumers run their systems. We aren't optimizing RAM or anything else unless otherwise specified.
I used GIGABYTE's new Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard, which is GIGABYTE's top of the line Z370 model at launch. It features a ton of features, but most importantly, it has a very powerful VRM for overclocking. Featuring Intersil's new digital PWM controllers and Smart Power Stages, the VRM on this motherboard is extremely powerful.
We also received a 32GB Optane Memory Module to play around with, and we will experiment more with the module later. With Optane you can match a 16GB or 32GB module with a SATA HDD or SATA SSD, and it acts as a super responsive cache that bridges the speed gap between system storage and system RAM.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases