The CPUs look identical to their predecessor, and they both fit in each other's motherboards. There will probably be some confusion with users buying 100 and 200 series LGA1151 motherboards and tossing in an 8th Generation core processor, so hopefully, retailers will step up and raise awareness. We are told that there is TIM under the CPU's integrated heat spreader, which means that many people will decide to delid their CPUs to gain a few hundred extraMHz when overclocking.
The bottoms of the CPUs are also very similar, and there doesn't seem to be any extra pads on the 8th generation CPUs compared to the 7th generation CPUs.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K and i5-8400
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
- Cooler: Corsair H115i AIO Water Cooler
- Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x 8GB)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - Boot Drive: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair RM1000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
- Monitor: ASUS PA328 ProArt 32" 4K - Buy from Amazon
- Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX - Buy from Amazon
- Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Headset: Corsair VOID RGB Wireless - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
When we run out of the box, that literally means out of the box, as the majority of consumers run their systems. We aren't optimizing RAM or anything else unless otherwise specified.
I used GIGABYTE's new Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard, which is GIGABYTE's top of the line Z370 model at launch. It features a ton of features, but most importantly, it has a very powerful VRM for overclocking. Featuring Intersil's new digital PWM controllers and Smart Power Stages, the VRM on this motherboard is extremely powerful.
We also received a 32GB Optane Memory Module to play around with, and we will experiment more with the module later. With Optane you can match a 16GB or 32GB module with a SATA HDD or SATA SSD, and it acts as a super responsive cache that bridges the speed gap between system storage and system RAM.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era