The Crosshair VI Extreme reveals its goods with the heat sinks off.
The VRM is in an 8+4 phase configuration. The ASP1405 produces 4+2 phases and is most likely an IR35201 with support for up to 6+2 phases or 8+0 phases. Here the four CPU phases and two SoC phases are doubled to 8+4 phases through six IR3599 doublers/quadruplers working in doubler mode located on the back of the motherboard. Each power stage is made up or an IR3555M, International Rectifier's latest 60A PowIRstages, and best in class. ASUS is also using their 10K solid capacitors and micro-fine alloy inductors. The VRM is pretty much overkill for the platform.
The memory VRM uses an ASP1103 PWM we have seen on other ASUS ROG motherboards, along with two phases made up of very compact MOSFETs that seem to be able to get the job done, as they are used on the APEX and EXTREME boards on the Intel side of things as well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Crosshair VI Extreme Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series