It's been a while since I reviewed a gaming notebook, and that's mainly because the market was a bit over saturated with Skylake and Maxwell based mobile parts. More recently Kaby Lake and Pascal based mobile parts have become more prevalent, and so has the number of high-performance gaming laptops that are almost twice as light and thin as their previous generation counterparts.
Today we look at one of Lenovo's Legion series notebooks, which are designed to cater to gamers and pretty much any mainstream user who might make use of a discrete graphics card in a notebook.
The Legion Y720 uses a 15.6" display, which makes it much more portable than 17" notebooks, and now we are going to take a look.
The Legion Y720 uses the i7-7700HQ 4C/8T CPU with a 2.8GHz base and 3.8GHz Turbo Boost clock. The notebook uses a 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED Backlit display, a GTX 1060 6G GDDR5, 16GB (2x8GB) of DDR4, a 128GB M.2 SSD, a 1TB HDD, Realtek Wired LAN, and Intel wireless LAN (wireless AC 8625). The notebooks starts at 7.05lbs and is 14.96" x 10.9" x 1.14" (L x W x H). It uses an integrated 4-cell 60Wh battery.
The Legion Y720 starts at $1,363.99; our configuration is $1649.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Resident Evil 2 Remake 'one-shot demo' hits 2m players
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- The Backside Line Does Keto Infinite Accel Forskolin Work?
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019