All CPUs are tested with Out of the Box Performance, which means that no settings were altered, so basically default CPU and RAM speeds. AMD's default mode is UMA/Distributed/Creator operation mode, where the memory is wide, so I also tested the 1950X in Gamer's mode, which makes the memory local and disables one of the dies, so it makes it basically a 1800X (8c/16t) with quad channel memory.
I also tested both the 1920X and 1950X with "AMD Optimized," which means memory speed of 2666MHz as stated on AMD's official CPU specifications.
CINEBENCH R11.5 had to be removed from our benchmark results as it seems to be bugged with the new CPUs; the last set of tiles takes forever to render, but R15 has no issues. CINEBENCH is not very memory reactive, but we do see slightly bumps with higher memory speeds. The 1950X is almost a 1800X in Gamer Mode, which disables one die, so it runs 8 cores/16 threads with quad channel memory. We do see single thread performance is slightly better than the 1800X (perhaps because of the higher XFR), but it's still behind Intel's.
CINEBENCH and wPrime results display how powerful the new Threadripper CPUs are if you need more cores and threads, Threadripper is what you want. FPU tests show the same trend as before, and AIDA64 greatly reduces Skylake-X's highly inflated scores, so they are now more comparable to AMD's offerings.
AMD offers excellent 64-bit Integer IOPS, while Intel still holds onto the SP-FLOPs title. Memory bandwidth is excellent when we increase memory speeds on Thread Ripper to 2666MHz, as it also increases fabric speed. We can see how Gamer Mode greatly reduces memory latency from 117.9ns to 88.8ns on the 1920X, but we also see that memory bandwidth takes a little hit.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Threadripper Internal Configurations]
- Page 3 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of the Singularity]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games