Remember: "7900X" refers to a 7900X running under Turbo Boost 2.0 and JEDEC memory speeds of 2133MHz (no optimization, and below spec.) and "7900X Intel Optimized" refers to a 7900X running using Turbo Boost Max 3.0 and DDR4 2666MHz memory.
Intel Optimized is according to Intel spec and not considered overclocking; it's what you will score near out of the box, the other results are from earlier BIOS versions. I put in the work, so I guess you can think of them as Turbo Boost 2.0 scores at JEDEC memory speeds.
The 7900X, in either case, is a workstation/content creation beast and a worthy opponent for any 10-core processor and in CINEBENCH is roughly 15% faster in multithreaded even un-optimized, and more than 20% faster in single core performance. However, that single Skylake-X core is running at a faster top speed.
The processor is also significantly faster in W-Prime, and the AIDA64 results might be bugged since the program warned that it hadn't been optimized, but that difference is huge! Perhaps due to the mesh and L2 cache changes. Un-optimized, memory speeds are not as fast as the 6950X, but when we optimize they are.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPU and New Additions]
- Page 3 [Test Setup and New Hardware]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Perf.: Handbrake, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Perf.: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]