Remember: "7900X" refers to a 7900X running under Turbo Boost 2.0 and JEDEC memory speeds of 2133MHz (no optimization, and below spec.) and "7900X Intel Optimized" refers to a 7900X running using Turbo Boost Max 3.0 and DDR4 2666MHz memory.
Intel Optimized is according to Intel spec and not considered overclocking; it's what you will score near out of the box, the other results are from earlier BIOS versions. I put in the work, so I guess you can think of them as Turbo Boost 2.0 scores at JEDEC memory speeds.
The 7900X, in either case, is a workstation/content creation beast and a worthy opponent for any 10-core processor and in CINEBENCH is roughly 15% faster in multithreaded even un-optimized, and more than 20% faster in single core performance. However, that single Skylake-X core is running at a faster top speed.
The processor is also significantly faster in W-Prime, and the AIDA64 results might be bugged since the program warned that it hadn't been optimized, but that difference is huge! Perhaps due to the mesh and L2 cache changes. Un-optimized, memory speeds are not as fast as the 6950X, but when we optimize they are.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPU and New Additions]
- Page 3 [Test Setup and New Hardware]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Perf.: Handbrake, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Perf.: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man voice actor leaks Dr. Otto Octavius as a villain
- This new 'computer' makes a grain of rice look big
- 1440p monitors might be using 4K panels, as it's cheaper
- Razer and Microsoft could be working on Xbox keyboard, mouse
- NVIDIA celebrate Alan Turing's birthday, GTX 1180 confirmed?
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit