All the major vendors either have a mesh platform on the market or have something in the works. Over the past few months, we have seen many platforms come through, and today I have the opportunity to take a look at the Deco M5 from TP-Link.
TP-Link, like many others, offers the Deco M5 in both singles and a three-pack making it easier for consumers to jump in and expand as their needs grow. The Deco M5 is a rather small form factor platform, in fact, it may be the smallest I have tested with dimensions for each device coming in at 120mm x 38mm.
As you can see from the image above, the internal hardware is mentioned only in the most generic terms. Doing some research, I found this is a Qualcomm platform with the IPQ4019 as the main CPU operating at 638MHz. It's a quad-core part, so TP-Link is banking on the cores making up for the lack of CPU speed which in turn keeps temperatures lower. Memory comes from Nanya as 256MB of DDR3 with flash from GigaDevice in a 32MB capacity. Being an AC1300 platform, dual-band functionality gives this 400 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 867 Mbps on the 5GHz band. Additional features include MU-MIMO and Bluetooth 4.2.
The MSRP of the TP-Link Deco M5 Three-Pack Kit comes in at $299.99 with a one-year warranty. Additional units can be purchased for $129.99 each.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit