All the major vendors either have a mesh platform on the market or have something in the works. Over the past few months, we have seen many platforms come through, and today I have the opportunity to take a look at the Deco M5 from TP-Link.
TP-Link, like many others, offers the Deco M5 in both singles and a three-pack making it easier for consumers to jump in and expand as their needs grow. The Deco M5 is a rather small form factor platform, in fact, it may be the smallest I have tested with dimensions for each device coming in at 120mm x 38mm.
As you can see from the image above, the internal hardware is mentioned only in the most generic terms. Doing some research, I found this is a Qualcomm platform with the IPQ4019 as the main CPU operating at 638MHz. It's a quad-core part, so TP-Link is banking on the cores making up for the lack of CPU speed which in turn keeps temperatures lower. Memory comes from Nanya as 256MB of DDR3 with flash from GigaDevice in a 32MB capacity. Being an AC1300 platform, dual-band functionality gives this 400 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 867 Mbps on the 5GHz band. Additional features include MU-MIMO and Bluetooth 4.2.
The MSRP of the TP-Link Deco M5 Three-Pack Kit comes in at $299.99 with a one-year warranty. Additional units can be purchased for $129.99 each.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 76 respecs aren't retroactive
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019