For people in the know, MyDigitalDiscount has long been a source for incredible deals on SSDs. A couple of weeks ago, we noticed that MyDigitalDiscount is selling Samsung's awesome PM961 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD for an eye-popping price of $422. This may sound like it is still priced pretty high, but with the current flash shortage in full swing, the pricing for many popular SSDs has skyrocketed in the past month or so.
The Samsung PM961 is basically an OEM client version of the 960 EVO. The 960 EVO sports slightly better performance specifications than the PM961, but in actual use, there is no discernable difference what-so-ever. And, as we will show, there is virtually no difference with real-world consumer workloads.
So, why are we starting off by mentioning this? Price. The Samsung 960 EVO 1TB is currently selling at Newegg.com for $507, which is a whopping $85 more than you will pay for a 1TB PM961 from MyDigitalDiscount.com. Right now, we believe this is the best deal going for a super-fast high capacity M.2 NVMe SSD.
Typically, retail consumers cannot even buy OEM client drives because they are only sold in large quantities. This is where MyDigitalDiscount comes to the rescue. MyDigitalDiscount has secured a large quantity of Samsung PM961's and is selling them to retail consumers.
We want our readers to know about this great deal, and we are going to show you first hand just how well Samsung's PM961 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD performs on both Intel and AMD Ryzen platforms.
The Samsung PM961 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD is available in four capacities: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB. The 1TB PM961 we have on the bench today sports the following specifications:
- Sequential Read: up to 3,000 MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 1,700 MB/s
- Max 4K Random Read Speed: up to 360,000 IOPS @ QD32
- Max 4K Random Write Speed: up to 330,000 IOPS @ QD32
- Endurance: not stated
- MTBF: 1.5 Million Hours
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited Warranty
- Garbage Collection
The 1TB PM961 is currently selling at MyDigitalDiscount for $422.22.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Samsung PM961 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]