X370 SLI PLUS Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio codec is a Realtek ALC892. It's complemented by eight Nichicon Gold series capacitors, and the PCB section of the audio is physically isolated from the rest of the motherboard.
A Realtek RTL88111H is the NIC that provides Gbit LAN on the motherboard. Surprisingly MSI didn't use AMD's integrated USB 3.1 for the rear USB 3.1 ports but instead used an ASMedia ASM2142 USB 3.1 controller along with an ASM1543 type-C controller. MSI routed the provided USB 3.1 in the chipset to a USB 3.0 internal header.
The nuvoTon NCT6795D is the main SuperIO on the motherboard, it controls some of the fans and offers the PS/2 port on the rear IO. A nuvoTon NCT5605 is a secondary EC, and I believe it helps expand fan control and provides some other features.
A single 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROM is used. A Texas Instruments GD75232 driver and receiver chip is used to provide the COM port functionality. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480s are used to switch around PCI-E bandwidth.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 SLI PLUS Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 SLI PLUS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 SLI PLUS Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam