Here are key points about the MSI X370 SLI PLUS Gaming.
Extreme Affordability: At $139.99 the X370 SLI PLUS is the least expensive X370 motherboard I have reviewed, and priced aggressively for an X370 motherboard. Most people assume that AMD costs less than Intel, but with the X370 chipset, chipset cost is in line with Intel, and not much less expensive for vendors. The motherboard offers a slew of the latest features, and even RGB LED support that you might not get on the Intel side at this price point.
All Black Color Theme: Many people have asked for and demanded all black motherboards that would just sink into the background of their build and not clash with the rest of their components regarding color. The X370 SLI PLUS is one of MSI's answers to these demands.
USB 3.1 and Dual Internal USB 3.0: We don't always find two internal USB 3.0 headers on X370 motherboards, but the X370 SLI PLUS is one exception. MSI also decided to use ASMedia's more expensive USB 3.1 implementation rather than AMD's built-in feature, whether it be for performance or to free up more USB for an extra internal header.
Average Components: You don't usually find an Intel NIC, the latest VRM components, and high-end audio hardware on sub $150 motherboards, and the X370 SLI PLUS is no exception.
The MSI X370 SLI PLUS is one of MSI's most popular X370 motherboards, and that might be because of its price and simple aesthetics. For what it's worth, the motherboard does perform adequately, even when overclocked. It does get a bit warm in the VRM area, but we did not have any problems with throttling.
The UEFI is quite good and offers an impressive amount of control over the system; you get the same UEFI no matter which MSI X370 motherboard you purchase. The X370 SLI PLUS is a perfect example of getting what you pay for; there are no tricks or ambiguous downsides to the product. The product performs well in benchmarks, can handle a 4GHz overclock, and is an excellent value.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: MSI's X370 SLI PLUS delivers SLI support and the latest AMD features at a very attractive price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 SLI PLUS Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 SLI PLUS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 SLI PLUS Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam