Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box is very similar to ASRock's other Fatal1ty series motherboards, and packaging is very well done, and the motherboard is very well protected.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s, SLI HB Bridge, two WIFI antenna, IO shield, postcard, case badge, manuals, M.2 screws, and driver DVD.
ASRock put five fan headers on the motherboard; they are circled in red. All the headers can work in either DC or PWM mode; you need to enter the UEFI to change the fan's mode of operation. The motherboard's aesthetics look very high-end and very similar to that of ASRock's Z270 Professional Gaming. The shield over the audio and IO along with the red VRM heat sink and PCH heat sink produce a nice looking motherboard. The back of the motherboard does have some backside components including the type-C switch chip, drivers, and other SMD components.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, six USB 3.0 ports, a clear CMOS button, WIFI antenna, USB 3.1 type-C, USB 3.1 type-A, 1Gbit LAN, 5Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold plated audio with S/PDIF optical.
The PCI-E layout is very similar to other X370 motherboards. The first and second x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8 PCI-E 3.0. The last x16 slot is electrically x4 PCI-E 2.0 and shares bandwidth with the second M.2 slot. Two PCI-E 2.0 x1 slots are connected to the chipset. Two USB 3.0 headers are located below the 24-pin connector.
The top M.2 slot is a 32Gb/s slot connected to the CPU. The bottom M.2 slot is a 20Gb/s slot, and it's connected to the chipset. If you use the last M.2 slot, the bottom PCI-E slot will be disabled.
The motherboard offers OC features such as a POST code display, power and reset buttons, and two USB 2.0 ports. A clear CMOS jumper is located above the POST code display. There are ten SATA6Gb/s ports onboard.
The motherboard has two RGB LED headers at the bottom of the motherboard. A third RGB LED header and a single USB 2.0 header are located near the CPU socket for AMD's new generation of CPU coolers.
The motherboard's heat sinks and shields are all screwed to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ