Lenovo's BIOS looks retro but is actually a UEFI. You even have mouse control. Fully built systems rarely require users to enter the UEFI to make changes, and that is the case with the IdeaCentre Y710 Cube. The system is already configured correctly, the only reason you might have to enter the UEFI is if you make some hardware upgrade and need to change the boot order.
Lenovo used both Killer wired and wireless network adapters. Killer's Network Manager allows you to team the two connections to boost overall speed. The technology is called Killer Doubleshot Pro.
Lenovo's Nerve Center software allows you to control different aspects of the desktop including lighting and network priority. There is also a discovery mode that allows you to "discover" different aspects of the PC.
Audio enhancer lets you enable surround sound. LED control is a nice touch, but the unit only has red LEDs.
Network priority lets you set which programs are given higher priority over others in regards to bandwidth.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the IdeaCentre Y710 Cube]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam