A touch over a year ago, we reviewed Synology's entry into the router market with their AC1900 class solution. That solution has now matured enough to where Synology is ready to launch their second, the RT2600ac.
This second solution, the RT2600ac, is a much more powerful routing solution. Going by the name, we have an AC2600 class solution with features including what Synology calls VPN Plus, a clientless VPN solution built into the router. Also, it supports WAN failover, a feature I have not seen up to this point - it allows the RT2600ac to support dual Internet connections, one via the WAN port and one via the first LAN port in either fail-over or load balancing mode. Smart Connect is a feature that has become increasingly popular where devices are connected to the most appropriate wireless band automatically.
Diving into the hardware of the RT2600ac, it is slightly more powerful than the first, with a dual-core CPU operating at 1.7GHz. 512MB of DDR3 is paired with the CPU, but there is no mention of the NAND size for firmware. This is a 4x4 MIMO design with the 2.4GHz band operating at 800 Mbps and the 5GHz band at 1.73 Gbps. Also, this is a wave2 solution allowing for either 160MHz operation in contiguous mode or 80+80MHz mode in discontiguous mode.
There are two modes for the LAN WAN configuration with the standard giving you a single WAN and four LAN ports and the other two WAN ports and three LAN ports. This solution does house both USB 3.0 and SD card connectivity
The MSRP of the Synology RT2600ac comes in at $239.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology RT2600AC Wi-Fi AC 2600 Gigabit router retails for $199.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- killer7 announced for Steam release in 2018
- Thanos debuts to GTA V with FULL infinity gauntlet powers
- H1Z1: Battle Royale hits 4.5 million players in 3 days, PS4
- State of Decay 2 reaches 1 million players in just TWO days
- RedG Studios releases 1st gameplay trailer for S.O.N
- B360M DS3H Motherboard - no signal to monitor with radeon r9 285x after motherboard upgrade
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit