AORUS sent me over the GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G at such a bad time, as I had to fly from Australia to the United States for Qualcomm's awesome 5G event, and then I flew back home - and then back to the US just 5 days later for GDC 2017, AMD's Capsaicin & Cream event, and NVIDIA's Editor's Day 2017 during GDC for their GeForce GTX 1080 Ti unveiling.
130 hours+ of flying and airports in 10 days, so I was completely ruined inside and out - and had to delay the review of the AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G - so to Ross, and GIGABYTE/AORUS - I apologize. I wrote a brief article looking over the GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G, but now we're going to look at the performance of the card - as I've waited to test it on the new GeForce 378.78 drivers, which provide some wicked performance improvements on DX12 games.
I've also included the newly released Ghost Recon: Wildlands as a new benchmark, so prepare for some big changes here in the GPU side of TweakTown. As for the AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G, we'll cover pricing and availability here - before diving into a closer look at the card itself, benchmarks, my performance analysis, and final thoughts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard