Logitech's G213 Prodigy is a decent keyboard to enter the Logitech realm with. It has terrific software options to allow for customization of the keyboard, and the game mode system is one of the best we have seen to date. The feel of the keys is good with the use of hybrid switches which require quite a bit of force to actuate, and the 4mm of the throw to the switches does make it feel more mechanical than rubber dome. Having the ability to use many solid colors to choose from to match a theme is nice, but we do with there was more involved with the RGB end of it rather than a color cycle mode. It is large as the wrist rest is built into the design, but its light weight and the way the feet flip out in the back makes using the G213 Prodigy a treat.
We are not going to harp on Logitech too much about the two keys not functioning properly, as they sent us another keyboard, and it is highly likely any customer would get the same treatment. We did seem to lose the lottery with the pair of samples that we just tested for Logitech, but we do have to give thanks to Logitech for their full support and willingness to provide us with replacements. Logitech even took it a step further and requested that we send our original samples back to them, which many companies do not do, to ensure that issues, while small, do not happen again. Beyond the small issues we have found, there is still a lot to go to Logitech products for, and their combined all-in-one software suite is one of those.
Likely the best part about the G213 Prodigy RGB gaming keyboard to the bulk of potential customers has to be the pricing. While there are products out there that offer more features or functionality, not many can anywhere near this price point. We have even seen rubber dome offerings with similar features cost more than the G213, and this keyboard is a hybrid switch based design which feels so much nicer to use. For just $69.99, we feel that Logitech and the G213 Prodigy are worth the investment. While we did run into issues with our sample, it is highly likely that this is a one-off issue, not present in the bulk of the G213 Prodigy keyboards, and so do not let that sway your decision.
If it were our money, knowing what we do about this specific sample, we would still shell out our hard-earned dollar to have a go using the G213 Prodigy RGB gaming keyboard on our desk long term.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: A strong contender to be your next keyboard! The Logitech G213 and its hybrid switch layout is nice to use, the LED lighting could use a little love, but the software that comes along with it is top notch. We honestly could not ask for much more for just $69.99.
PRICING: You can find the Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for £60 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the G213 Prodigy]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media