To gauge how well the cooling hardware performs we look at the difference between idle and load temperatures in areas not directly involved with the cooling hardware, such as the keyboard and display. At idle or low load situations the unit is quiet enough, but when load is applied things get very loud.
After our 30-minute test, the hot spots on the exhaust and bottom of the notebook increased 20C, but surprisingly the display and keyboard temperatures didn't increase more than 2C in their hotspots. All of these changes point to very effective air cooling, effective but loud.
The unit will roar when you load the CPU and GPU. The fans and heat sinks do all they can, but the CPU temperature hovers in the 95C area, right below throttle point when it is overclocked and loaded with extremely heavy loads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro for $12 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $8.54
- PUBG's new update includes ranking system and SO MUCH MORE
- Rocket League flies past 50 million players
- Fortnite now has an insane 78 million monthly players
- Devil May Cry 5 won't require high-end GPU
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Fish'n'Grow 'Sailor Cats' now available on iOS and Android
- Deemo Coming to Nintendo Switch This Winter, With Nintendo Labo Piano Support
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat