Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
From time to time, random emails make it to us, with companies we have not yet dealt with, asking us to have a look at their latest products. While the AUKEY is better known for mobile accessories, power banks, and various other devices, they are not so well known for their peripherals. AUKEY also makes a gaming mouse, but it was our keyboard reviews that have them calling on us to have a look at their only mechanical gaming keyboard they have to offer.
Now they could have taken the route of many others, where we are delivered a large clunky keyboard sporting Kailh or Cherry MX switches, but that is not the case here. AUKEY has chosen to provide their first mechanical keyboard with a frameless design and one that uses Outemu mechanical switches. Still, though, this is not just some lame offering, as it seems AUKEY has put a lot of thought into this design and decides to offer this product with plenty of gaming-related features as well as being LED backlit with a few lighting options.
We have no previous experience with any of their products before now, not have we ever used Outemu mechanical switches, so this adds a bit of excitement to this review for us. Even though you may not be aware of the company, the product, or this switch type, we have to say it has us intrigued to see what else there is out there. What will excite most potential customers about this KM-G3 mechanical gaming keyboard from AUKEY has to be the price of this 104-key design. If you happen to be one of those who likes to try out all things mechanical keyboard, or for those of you on a budget, we firmly urge you to give AUKEY a chance and see what we have to show you.
When you visit the AUKEY website, the first thing you will notice is that the KM-G3 is not listed anywhere on the site. However, on the packaging, as well as when you find listings for this mechanical keyboard, you will find a very basic list of specifications. In that list, we see that AUKEY mentions the 50 million keystroke lifespan of the Outemu switches used in this design. It then goes on to detail the 5V operating voltage and the 500mA current draw. Dimensions are also shown, where we find the KM-G3 is 17.2 inches from side to side, five inches from front to back, and it stands 1.4 inches in height. We are then told that the KM-G3 weighs in at 850 grams, it comes with 3.3 feet of rubberized USB cable, terminating in a gold plated USB 2.0 connection. Lastly, AUKEY shows us all of the operating systems in which the KM-G3 has been tested to work with.
Some of the things that they do not discuss without having the packaging in hand, or when looking to buy this keyboard, may be provided for you at that time. Things like the KM-G3 sporting nine LED lighting effects. This keyboard is also designed with anti-ghosting support, and NKRO support as well. There are multimedia keys, as well as gamer specific keys, and this all comes with no drivers to get in the way. We were also able to sort out that there is a two-year warranty on the KM-G3 mechanical keyboard.
Currently, it seems that only Amazon is selling this keyboard. When looking there to gauge the pricing, we see two things. First of all, we are lead to believe that the MSRP for this device was set at $89.99, which isn't all that bad for what you get. However, at this time, we found the AUKEY KM-G3 listed for just $59.99 including shipping, which makes this one of the most affordable mechanical keyboards to pass across our desk. Considering the feature set, along with the styling and functionality of this design, we feel AUKEY is on the right path to making their products a household name. Being as affordable as it is, it puts it into the hands of the everyman and isn't that far of a leap from some of the better appointed muddy rubber dome offerings.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £56 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [KM-G3 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U rumored for Switch
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada