Case Build & Finished Product
EVGA hits us right where we like things when it comes to the front chassis design. No matter what it is you want to install in the front of the chassis, the view never changes. With slits of mesh between each of the plastic ribs, if you were to install LED fans into the DG-87, they will be visible through the door, but that is all that may change.
For now, we left the side panel off the chassis to make obtaining this view a bit easier. It is easy to see how low the motherboard is from the top of the chassis, allowing plenty of room for additional cooling options, but at the same time, it stops short of being hidden in any way below the bottom section of the DG-87. Everything we installed in here went right into place as we would have expected, with not a single issue to report.
It is hard to see what we are trying to show in this image, but there is a PSU cover which blocks the view below the motherboard. What is special about this is that it is retractable to allow access to the wiring if needed, and then it can be slid to the right to keep everything clean and tidy.
The dust shield snapped right into place, and we did not have to flex the chassis or adjust things in any way to fit the video card. You will need to remove the lower plastic section, as this exposes the PSU mounting plate, and is how you slide the PSU into the bottom of the DG-87.
Using a few of the rings supplied from EVGA, we found routing the wiring to be easy and direct. Even using extensions on the PSU leads, there is sufficient room for anything you may need to run back here. As for our build needs, we leave a lot to the imagination, as things are looking empty still with all of our needs met.
With the side panel back in place and the DG-87 all closed and ready for testing, we are enjoying what we have in the end. The DG-87 is sleek, aggressive, and with the mix of black, metallic gunmetal gray, and the section of mirrored plastic, there is nothing not to like with this EVGA chassis.
It is tough to see from many angles with the amount of light we have for images, but when powered, not only are the Zotac and Corsair names lit up, but the EVGA name in the Lexan panel is also lit by white LEDs. With the power buttons and the K-Boost buttons, there is a mix of blue and white LEDs used for those.
Again, due to the lighting, this may be hard to see for some, but in normal conditions, it is easily seen. Pressing the Mode button allows you to see the percentage of fan speed in the front and exhaust fans, and using the up and down arrows, you can make adjustments to their regular settings. Of course, pressing the K-Boost button will instantly change it to one hundred percent, but only while the K-boost is active. The "23" you see at this time is representative of the internal chassis temperature, as indicated by the white LED to the right of the arrow buttons.
PRICING: You can find the EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis retails for $275 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis retails for £238 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Football fans protest eSports, throw controllers on field
- Intel increases 14nm production in its fight with AMD Ryzen
- AMD rumored to be preparing Polaris 30 on 12nm tech: RX 680?
- Two amazing Castlevania classics coming to PS4
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam