GIGABYTE has been nailing GeForce GTX 10 series graphics cards so far, with impressive entries in its GeForce GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming graphics cards. I'm finally getting through my stack of graphics cards from GIGABYTE, with the GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming card in the test bed for its turn through my benchmarks.
The new GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming is everything you want it to be: a quality mid-range graphics card with a bunch of features for gaming and VR, all while it runs cool and quiet while gaming.
GIGABYTE has put quite a lot of work into the cooling technology on its Xtreme Graphics-branded graphics cards, with their WINDFORCE 2X cooling system featuring 2 x 100mm blade fans.
As you can see, GIGABYTE has some nifty stuff going on with the WINDFORCE 2X cooling system.
Not only that, but we have a big push towards VR and making it easier than all of the competing GTX 10 series cards on the market. GIGABYTE has come out of nowhere with more impressive VR support than everyone else.
GIGABYTE has tweaked the clocks on its GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming graphics card, with the card featuring two profiles: OC and Gaming modes. The Gaming mode clocks the GPU up to 1620/1847MHz on base/boost, respectively - while the OC mode cranks it a little higher to 1645/1873MHz for base/boost, respectively.
GIGABYTE has some pretty good looking box art for the GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming, with the WINDFORCE cooler, VR-Link, and 4-year warranty details on the box.
It's beautiful, isn't it? The WINDFORCE 2X cooler looks great.
The backplate on the card looks good too, with some Xtreme Gaming branding on the back.
Remember you can control the LEDs on the card, but check out how thick it is! It's a triple-slot card, so prepare your system.
GIGABYTE's GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming uses just 1 x 8-pin PCIe power connector.
The end of the card, where we have 2 x HDMI 2.0 ports for the VR-Link system, and your VR headset.
From the bottom, we have a nice tease of the huge heat sink.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming retails for $319 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming retails for £317 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit