File Transfer Speeds
For our router file performance testing, I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB Flash Drive formatted in the FAT32 or NTFS filesystems. I then use NAS Tester 1.7 with a 100 and 1000 MB file size and loop it five times with an average result being charted.
Starting out with file testing, the ACS provided 74 MB/s read for the 100M file and 95 MB/s for the 1000M file size. After switching over to write performance, I noted the 82 MB/s 100M performance followed up by 108 MB/s 1000M file performance.
The Linksys WRT1900ACS has me just as excited as the original. The build quality is still there although this router does seem to have much nicer plastics this time around and of course, it still carries a bit of weight, thanks to the heat sinks. It has also been nearly two years since the initial launch of the WRT, so Linksys has had time to iron out a lot of firmware issues, including the file performance.
Speaking of performance, this router brought in average results on the 2.4GHz band but really excelled once I started testing the 5GHz. Going by my charts, the ACS topped all previous AC1900 solutions at 484 Mbps on the 80MHz band, which is certainly a feat. Range too was quite good with the WRT, as not every router I have tested in the past has been able to hold a connection all the way to the garage. With that said, it did get down to 54%, which can be a bit iffy at times. On the plus side, the file performance of this router is just astounding - I'm talking NAS level file performance from a router!
In closing, if you are one that wants complete control of your router wherever you are, the new Smart Wi-Fi app is multitudes better than the previous solution, and the Smart Wi-Fi platform as a whole has been vetted over several years now and appears to have all issues worked out. Simply put, if you want the hands down best AC1900 router on the market, it's the Linksys WRT1900ACS.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||93%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: As the AC1900 market stands right now, the Linksys WRT1900ACS is hands down the best performing router across all measures of functionality.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router retails for $180 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router retails for £169 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Router Storage Testing & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Elite Dangerous devs working on new IP
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio