Installation and Finished Product
Picking which team you need the hardware from to mount the cooler to your motherboard, you take the two halves of the top bracket, and install them onto the head unit. You simply slide it in the groove on the sides, and with a bit of pressure, the two sides lock together as one unit.
At this time, you may as well also address the installation of the mounting screws. First, take one of the screws used to mount the cooler, and slide a spring to the head of the screw. That is followed by a washer before putting it through the bracket. Once that is done, secure it all together with the nuts provided in the same hardware bag.
The Intel backplate is made to be installed in only one direction. One of the edges around the middle is notched and allows the top pair of socket screws to clear the plate. If this is turned another way, it could complicate aligning the screws when you mount the head unit, and it will also not allow the tape to stick to the sockets back plate.
On this end of the kit, the only thing left to do is to add some paste to the CPU and install the head unit. You also want to be sure to connect the 3-pin lead, as this is the driving force of the Eisbaer as well.
Something to keep in mind with a kit such as this is the overall height of the unit once it is installed. The top of the head unit sits less than 70mm from the CPU, but with the fittings on the top, there an additional 30-40mm of height to deal with. This may make this unit less favorable in tight confines versus one with swivel fittings.
Once the head unit is installed, it is easy to see why this window is more for filling purposes and less for a view. While in some cases, you might be able to see into this window while it is running, most cases will not afford the view. Since this window is at the top of the motherboard, it is likely the radiator would block any view once installed.
In our D-Frame, the Eisbaer has enough tubing to get us easily to the top of the chassis. The tubing on the left did require some tension to do this, but the bend angle wasn't too bad, and if it were worse, we have the anti-kink coil to help us further, if needed. We also like the match of the OCOOL on both the radiator and head unit; it is a nice touch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool Eisbaer 240 CPU - Black CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit