A few weeks before Computex almost all the major brands started to tease us with their latest X99 refresh motherboards for Intel's impending Broadwell-E launch. ASRock released a cryptic video and a grainy image of what would be known as their Taichi. Tai Chi in English is an "internal Chinese martial art" according to Wikipedia, and the X99 Taichi is meant to bring some of that ass-kicking to the X99 arena. The X99 Taichi is supposed to be an "All-Rounder," which means it covers all the bases when it comes to features and performance.
However, that isn't what makes ASRock's Taichi impressive. ASRock's X99 Taichi is meant to bring the pain regarding price. The X99 Taichi only costs $219, and that is on the low-end for X99 motherboards. ASRock's goal is to undercut the competition in price but in a fashionable way. For the first time, ASRock has used a white and black color theme. The unique aesthetics, features, and price of the X99 Taichi are quite impressive at first glance, so let's put it under a microscope and see if it lives up to the hype.
Some of the X99 Taichi's greatest features include USB 3.1 type-C and type-A, Wireless AC, dual Intel NICs, dual Ultra M.2 slots, and 3-way multi-GPU capabilities.
The X99 Taichi should carry an MSRP of $219 according to ASRock's slides at Computex.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Battlerite Royale hits free-to-play on Steam, now available
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure