Over the years, ASUS's ROG Rampage Extreme series motherboards have become synonymous with "the best". While it is hard to judge exactly what "the best" is because models are always changing, and some products shine in ways others cannot, ASUS's consistency with their high-end Rampage series allows us to use the model as a benchmark product. With long-lived chipsets, such as X58, ASUS launches their typical Rampage Extreme model at the beginning and later launches a Rampage Extreme with some fancy name at the end to signify major enhancements. Rampage V Extreme owners will be sad to hear that the Rampage V Edition 10 is ASUS's new top dog. The 10 stands for ROG's 10th-anniversary motherboard, which makes the Rampage V Edition 10 a milestone product.
The Rampage V Edition 10 is one of the most interesting motherboards I have looked at in the past year. For starters, the motherboard feels like it is made from stone, as it's very heavy and feels very solid. We are going through an RGB LED craze; manufacturers are taking older products, slapping on some colorful RGBs, and selling the new product for more than its predecessor. While it's true that the Rampage V Edition 10 has many RGB LEDs, ASUS has also made major changes and enhancements to motherboard features. The Rampage V Edition 10 is not just the Rampage V Extreme with RGB LEDs, it is in itself a true successor to the throne. Follow me as I examine every inch of the Rampage V Edition 10.
The ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 is loaded with features, many of which go above and beyond what most other products offer. The motherboard has two USB 3.1 type-A ports, but also two USB 3.1 type-C ports, 3x3 wireless AC, dual Intel NICs, the standard ten SATA 6Gb/s ports, and a dedicated audio DAC.
The Rampage V Edition 10 is available from many large retailers for $598.89.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £589 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Rampage V Edition 10 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Blu-ray giveaway
- Street Fighter is getting a live-action TV show
- Visceral's Star Wars title may get recycled into online game
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit