Pegasus2 R2+ Pod Testing
To begin our testing of the Pegasus2 R2+, we gave the SD pod a run through with our UHS-II SanDisk Extreme Pro. Quite surprisingly, we quickly figured out the pod was capable of UHS-II performance as our card reached 223 MB/s read and 131 MB/s write.
Swapping the SD pod for the SSD pod, we installed our 480GB Intel 730 SSD and gave it a run through DST. As you can see, we reached solid results of 465 MB/s read and 366 MB/s write.
Benchmarks - Black Magic Disk Speed Test
Moving over to our array, we start off with RAID 0, where we find the R2+ pushing 361 MB/s read and 350 MB/s write - quicker than the original Thunderbolt MyBook from WD and right with the 2Big from LaCie.
Moving over to RAID 1, we start off with read results coming in at 188 MB/s followed by write at 185 MB/s. Our RAID 0 testing put the R2+ ahead of the WD by a fair margin while the LaCie was a touch quicker.
PRICING: You can find the Promise Pegasus2 R2+ Thunderbolt 2 RAID 6TB Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Darksiders 3 devs announce new IP, Remnant: From the Ashes
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit