3440x1440 is AWESOME: For productivity, there is NO going back to any resolution apart from 3440x1440. The 21:9 aspect ratio is great, and in my opinion, is better than a single 4K monitor. Heck, two of these side-by-side is unstoppable, trust me - I've tried it.
Great Styling & Port Orientation: I love the style on the Acer XR341CK, from the stand to the color scheme and design of the monitor. The USB and display inputs are beautifully placed - except for that massive failure of a decision by Acer to have the main DisplayPort right next to the top fold of plastic - making it nearly impossible to remove the DP cable.
Productivity Nuts Will Love It: If you're currently using two 1080p displays, a single 3440x1440 display is a huge upgrade. Even if you're using a single 2560x1440 monitor, the Acer XR341CK is a great upgrade, especially for productivity.
75Hz Refresh Rate: It may be only 15Hz more than 60Hz, but at 75Hz gaming becomes much more fluid. It's not quite 144Hz, but it's getting there. It's a nice, welcomed increase over the current 21:9 screens with 60Hz refresh rates.
AMD FreeSync Support: One of the 'What's Not' entries in my previous reviews on LG's UltraWide panels is that I wanted G-Sync or FreeSync support - well, here we are. Acer has used FreeSync on the XR341CK, but G-Sync fans aren't left out in the cold - there's a G-Sync model coming soon with 100Hz support!
DisplayPort Placement: What the hell, Acer? This could've been avoided, and I don't know how it wasn't discovered before manufacturing began. During the design phase someone would've noticed this, right? It's not the biggest deal - but it's something you need to be warned about. If you are constantly disconnecting and connecting your DP cable, this is going to be a showstopper for you.
Acer has the best UltraWide monitor on the market for AMD Radeon gamers with its XR341CK, offering 3440x1440 at 75Hz, with the addition of AMD's FreeSync variable refresh rate technology. FreeSync is a great addition to an already great monitor, with little flaws.
To summarize; the DisplayPort placement is utterly horrible. I had to use a knife wedged between the monitor and the DP cable to eject it, which is just ridiculous. I would advise buying a DP cable without the lock in place, which shouldn't cost much - but when dumping down this much money on a display, you shouldn't have to do that.
But the good easily outweighs the bad here with the XR341CK. I was gaming with the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury and was more than capable of smashing 75FPS+ at 3440x1440, but if you aren't it's not all bad. Even if you're reaching 60FPS or so, FreeSync does its job at helping smooth out your gaming experience.
All in all, if you're in the market for a new UltraWide monitor, and you own an AMD Radeon GPU, you owe it to yourself to grab the Acer XR341CK. It's truly the best FreeSync-capable UltraWide on the market right now.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (display quality/resolution)||100%|
|Quality (build/matte or gloss finish)||95%|
|General Features (outputs, ports)||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||95%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||95%|
The Bottom Line: If you own an AMD Radeon GPU and need a new UltraWide monitor in your life, the Acer XR341CK is calling out your name. An incredible UltraWide gaming monitor.
PRICING: You can find the Acer XR341CK 34-inch Curved UltraWide AMD FreeSync Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Test System Configuration]
- Page 4 [On-Screen Display]
- Page 5 [Everyday Use & Gaming]
- Page 6 [Viewing Angles & Glare]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6